MC Mong Denies Gambling Claims, Addresses Military Controversy

MC Mong speaks about controversies surrounding him during a a livestream through his TikTok account.

MC Mong speaks about controversies surrounding him during a livestream through his TikTok account. (Photo / TikTok screenshot)

MC Mong Denies Illegal Gambling Allegations, Speaks Out on Past Military Service Controversy

Singer and producer MC Mong has publicly denied a series of allegations surrounding him, expressing frustration over what he described as false accusations and ongoing rumors.

On May 18, MC Mong held a livestream through his TikTok account, where he directly addressed claims involving illegal gambling and misuse of company funds.

“What do you mean illegal gambling?” he said during the broadcast. “Who would use company money for illegal gambling?”

The rapper strongly denied the accusations, insisting that financial records would easily disprove the claims.

“If you track the accounts, everything is there. Check all of my bank accounts,” he continued. “I don’t even understand how people think company funds could be used for gambling.”

Additional Injuries and Recovery Process

MC Mong also alleged that there are other individuals actually involved in illegal gambling activities, mentioning specific names and claiming they were part of a so-called “Badugi gambling group,” referring to a popular Korean card gambling game.

The livestream came after weeks of speculation surrounding the artist. MC Mong co-founded entertainment company ONE HUNDRED in 2023, but left the company in July of last year. Since then, he has faced various rumors involving alleged affairs, proxy prescriptions for sleeping pills, prostitution-related claims, and illegal gambling accusations.

Earlier that same day, MC Mong hinted at the livestream through social media, writing that he planned to speak openly about “everything related to past events and controversies” involving himself.

During the broadcast, he also revisited the long-running controversy surrounding his military service exemption case from 2010. At the time, MC Mong faced accusations that he intentionally removed healthy teeth to avoid mandatory military service.

Referring to the case, he stated, “I was found not guilty in the first trial, second trial, and Supreme Court.” He further argued that even before the dental issue, he had already been eligible for exemption due to injuries including posterior cruciate ligament damage, a herniated disc in his lower back, and neck disc problems.

MC Mong in a black and white photo.
MC Mong poses for a photo. (Photo / One Hundred)

MC Mong also admitted lingering regret over how he handled the controversy publicly.

“One of my biggest regrets is the military service scandal,” he said. “I regret crying during the press conference and reading a script prepared by my lawyers.”

Despite years of controversy, MC Mong remains a recognizable figure in the Korean music industry, known for his successful rap career, songwriting credits, and work behind the scenes as a producer. However, the latest livestream has once again placed him at the center of heated public debate.

Author David Kim
Drop your reaction below!
😊
Like 0
😭
Sad 0
🤬
Angry 0
🤩
Interesting 0
🥳
Cheer 0

Comments